Monday 11 November 2013

Film of the year....?







I'm not one for bold statements (apart from this weekend's podcast...just ask Charlie) but I'm pretty sure that I have just seen my film of the year.


Everything you've read and heard about the film is true. Forget previous movies with cgi effects that you've looked at and thought, "Ooh...that's a bit ropey....just like a cartoon" (or video game). The effects in this movie are better than any I have seen before and the set pieces will keep you literally on the edge of your seat. But...do yourself a favour and watch this movie in the cinema and watch it in 3D...you can thank me later.


One downside to the movie... there are a couple of schmaltzy moments including one particular use of the 3D that may not sit right with some of you. Try to overlook those and just immerse yourself in a truly amazing piece of cinema. The soundtrack (what little there is) will grab you and leave you wanting to hear more.


I don't know at the moment where this movie lies within my all-time favourites list, but I'm pretty sure it's right near the top at the moment and is a film that I am likely to revist many times....told you - bold statement!




No comments:

Post a Comment